8.03.2016

A Zootopia Poem

image: YouTube // Googlemovietrailers


In December I learned about attachment theory, and it blew my mind. (Not familiar with attachment theory? Do yourself a favor and read the book. It's less cheesy and more evidence-based than it looks.)

In March, I went to see Zootopia. 

I came home with visions of oil and water dancing behind my eyes. Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde are individuals, yes, and talking animals at that, but they are also textbook examples of anxious and avoidant attachment styles.

I thought about patterns, and the way we consider some dysfunctional behaviors strong or noble while others are viewed as weaknesses. I thought about grasping rabbits and flight-risk foxes I have known. I wrote a poem.

All that is to say:

"sly fox / dumb bunny" is up today at Quail Bell Magazine.


No comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.